However, you can buy as many lotions and potions as you like, but good skin also comes from within, and your Nutrition plays a vital role in achieving glowing skin.
- Hydration: I guess there’s no need to even explain the importance of this, as I’m pretty sure everyone reading this knows the importance of drinking water and staying hydrated. Aim for over two litres a day, and it really is one of the most critical things for skin health, and our overall wellbeing.
- Selenium: Think Brazil nuts, eggs and even wheat germ! Selenium is an antioxidant that protects us from oxidative damage but can also help protect against infection. Although the research isn’t concrete, some studies even show it has a role in protecting us from skin cancer, but more research is needed in this area.
- Healthy Fats: Mono and Poly unsaturated fats, found in foods like avocados, seeds and olive oil give us essential fatty acids that help improve the skin’s elasticity.
- Omega 3: Found in foods like oily fish, chia seeds and nuts, omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory and can be particularly useful in skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Vitamin E: Found in almonds, pine nuts and hazelnuts, vitamin E protects cell membranes and can protect skin against free radical damage.
- Vitamin C: This well-known Vitamin can help fight off the signs of ageing, due to its role in collagen synthesis. Be sure to include Citrus Fruits, Broccoli and Peppers in your diet.
- Variety: No one vitamin or mineral solely aids our skin. It’s a combination of many that lead to glowing skin. Therefore, eating a wide range or foods, especially fruit and vegetables will ensure you are getting enough of everything and will avoid deficiencies.
- Zinc: Zinc heals our skin by regulating our sebaceous (oil) glands. Some studies have shown that zinc is particularly beneficial when it comes to Acne. Zinc can be found in Shellfish, seeds, nuts and wholegrains.
- Things to avoid: Alcohol, Junk Food, Smoking, Lack of exercise and lack of sleep are all harmful to our skin.
Call Now ?
Shop Now ?
Email Now ?
Book a Consultation ?
Share this Story
The 80/20 Diet The 80/20 Diet is all about promoting moderation and balance. Although ‘everything in moderation’ is a well-known concept, it helps to have structure when it comes to your own healthy eating so as to avoid over-indulging ‘in moderation’. Therefore,...
7 Secrets to a Successful Summer With Summer in full swing and the sun shining, it’s easy to put our nutrition on the back burner. To clarify, getting back on track after a Lockdown filled with boozy Zoom calls and snacking binges like it was Christmas was not easy,...
The Importance of Routine Routine can be an anchor. No matter what’s going on in our day, knowing that we will be having our dinner around 6 pm, and going to bed around 10 pm, can be seriously comforting. Above all, the certainty of our routine can help us to manage...