Men’s health is a huge public health topic and it is important that we don’t overlook it. Although November is Men’s Health Awareness Month, we must keep focus throughout the year. Don’t hesitate to contact me with your nutrition and health queries here
Across the world, men die an average six years younger than women, and for reasons that are largely preventable. Which means that it doesn’t have to be that way: we can all take action to live healthier, happier and longer lives.
Things To Know And Do
- Have open conversations with your male friends
- Relax and enjoy life. Reducing stress in the workplace and home will improve your survivor-ship and lead to a longer, happier life.
- Avoid smoking for many reasons. Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
Try to keep the amount of saturated fat to a minimum.
- Eat more fish – evidence from several studies suggest that fish can help protect against prostate cancer because they have “good fat” particularly omega-3 fatty acids. Avoid trans fatty acids (found in margarine).
- Avoid calcium supplementation. You can achieve you RDA through diet alone.
What can you do to raise awareness this Movember…
Call Now ?
Shop Now ?
Email Now ?
Book a Consultation ?
Share this Story
The Importance of Sleep Getting enough sleep is essential for helping us to maintain optimal health and well-being. So, when it comes to our health, sleep is as vital as regular exercise and eating a balanced diet. Unfortunately, there’s a lot that can interfere with...
The 80/20 Diet The 80/20 Diet is all about promoting moderation and balance. Although ‘everything in moderation’ is a well-known concept, it helps to have structure when it comes to your own healthy eating so as to avoid over-indulging ‘in moderation’. Therefore,...
7 Secrets to a Successful Summer With Summer in full swing and the sun shining, it’s easy to put our nutrition on the back burner. To clarify, getting back on track after a Lockdown filled with boozy Zoom calls and snacking binges like it was Christmas was not easy,...