We all know the old tale of a healthy breakfast being the most important meal of the day. There is absolute truth in this statement. Read on for GourmetFuel’s top tips for breakfast.
- Break-the-fast – It’s all in the name. Kick start your metabolism in the morning and don’t deprive your body when it’s craving food when you wake. Don’t skip breakfast.
- Don’t skip – Energy levels in your body will not be sufficient to get you to your next meal. With many who skip breakfast, there is potentially up to 8 – 12 hours without consuming any food. According to many studies skipping breakfast is a common factor among individuals with low activity level, or sedentary lifestyles. Ensuring you get your breakfast will keep unwanted snack grabbing at bay.Se
- Quality – if there’s one meal in a day that this matters the most it’s a healthy breakfast. Convenience often pushes us to gravitate towards pastries, muffins and high sugar cereals, but choosing nutritionally rich sources of protein and fibre for breakfast will boost your energy and keep you full all the way to your 2nd meal of the day. This includes things like Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal and Eggs. Check out GourmetFuels great breakfast choices here. We have some great nutritionally balanced grab’n’go options such as the Spicy Huevos Rancheros Wrap & Mixed Berry Granola Parfait.
- Always had trouble with breakfast – it’s no secret that our eating habits are hugely psychological. If you have had a mental block with breakfast for as long as you can remember, it may be helpful to re-label what a healthy breakfast is. Calling it Meal 1 can remove the pressure in the mornings. Just seeing it as your first meal of the day can help get over that hurdle in the morning. This can apply across all meals, such as Meal 1, Meal 2 and so on. Create some structure with daily meals from GourmetFuel, create your own meal plan here.
- Nutrition needs – No matter your age, gender, activity level, your body needs a certain amount of micro and macronutrients. Getting into the habit of having a nutritionally rich breakfast will jump-start you on meeting your daily requirements. Not sure what your nutritional needs are? Use are Free Diet Tool or call one of our expert Nutritionists today on (01) 293 8799
Call Now ?
Shop Now ?
Email Now ?
Book a Consultation ?
Rebecca is a registered Associate Nutritionist with the UKVRN through the Association for Nutrition. She completed her Bachelors of Science Degree in Nutraceuticals in Health and Nutrition before achieving her Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition in Queen Margaret’s University, Edinburgh. Before joining the GourmetFuel team, Rebecca was a Nutrition & Allergen Menu Analyst. She is passionate about food and promoting ‘real food’ diets! She is also interested in Childhood and Elderly Nutrition.
Share this Story
5 Essentials for a Better Immune System. A strong immune system is important during the cold and flu season and the current coronavirus pandemic. While quality sleep, regular exercise, adequate hand-washing and social distancing all play a role in maintaining a...
7 Ways to Kickstart Your 2021 Health Goals Take a deep breath, it's officially 2021. Can you believe we can actually say that now? Here's to a healthier, happier and hopefully, more relaxed you. 2020 is finally over and we are looking forward to a new beginning where...
3 Ways to Keep Your New Years Resolutions January, it’s a fresh start. A chance to create your 2021 New Year’s Resolutions. Before you set a hefty health goal, think. Are your resolutions sustainable? However, more often than not, the health and wellness resolutions...